Zalmi’s pre-auction pick Rahmanullah Gurbaz pulls out of PSL 11
Afghanistan batter Rahmanullah Gurbaz has made himself unavailable for the upcoming Pakistan Super League season, just two days after being directly signed by Peshawar Zalmi.
Gurbaz pulls out of PSL
Gurbaz announced the decision through his social media, citing personal commitments as the reason for pulling out of the tournament.
"Salam everyone, fans from everywhere. After the World Cup, I won’t be available for the PSL this season due to my schedule. I’ll be focusing more on my foundation work in Afghanistan. Thank you for all the love and support," the post read.
The wicketkeeper-batter has already represented two PSL franchises, Multan Sultans and Islamabad United, having played 15 matches in the league. He has also been part of the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the IPL since 2023. However, the Afghanistan international had earlier gone unsold in the mini-auction.
Zalmi: Gurbaz’s signing was on merit-basis
Commenting on Gurbaz’s exit, Peshawar Zalmi said the top-order batter was inducted purely on merit and that his replacement will be announced in due course. It is worth noting that each team is allowed to directly sign one foreign player, not part of the previous PSL edition, ahead of the player auction on February 11.
"We further wish to clarify that this decision was taken purely on professional and cricketing grounds, in full compliance with Pakistan Super League regulations, PCB guidelines, and the established framework of the HBL PSL. No consideration beyond merit, team requirements, and due process was involved,” the statement said.
“We will announce our latest direct signing in due course.”
ALSO READ:
Spencer Johnson joins Quetta Gladiators ahead of PSL 11 auction- IPL